The University of Washington Chamber Singers and Chorale is currently en route to Tallinn from Seattle to present a series of choral concerts in Estonia and Latvia. The 75 singers, directed by UW music professors Giselle Wyers and Geoffrey Boers, will deliver five lively performances during their one-week Baltic tour.
The tour will begin this Saturday in Tallinn’s acoustically splendid Niguliste Museum (pictured), a rebuilt and converted Gothic church in the old town. It will include stops in Tartu and Riga before winding up next Wednesday in Tallinn’s 16th century House of the Brotherhood of Blackheads.
The complete schedule follows.
- Saturday, March 20, 12:00 — Niguliste Museum, Tallinn (hosted by Vox Populi)
- Sunday, March 21, 10:00 — Jaani Church, Tallinn
- Sunday, March 21, 17:00 — University Aula, Tartu (hosted by HaleBopp Singers)
- Monday, March 22, 19:00 — Riga (hosted by Riga Technical University Men’s Choir)
- Wednesday, March 24, 19:00 — Mustpeade Maja (House of the Brotherhood of Blackheads), Tallinn (hosted by Revalia)