If your memories of 1992 were made in America, your soundtrack for that year might include such songs as Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Mysterious Ways (U2), Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton), or Black and White (Michael Jackson), each of which was a top-ten hit in the U.S.
But in Estonia in the autumn of 1992, on the radio and in the night clubs, shops, and cafes, the songs listed below were the ones I heard most often. These were the songs that provided the soundtrack to Back on the Map.
What follows is a collection of a dozen songs, listed alphabetically by title, that will always remind me of Estonia in 1992. Click on a title to listen to the song (may require free registration on a music streaming website).
Enjoy the memories.
- How Do You Do!, Roxette
- I Totally Miss You, Bad Boys Blue
- I’m Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
- It’s My Life, Dr. Alban
- Let’s Talk About Sex, Salt-N-Pepa
- LSI (Love Sex Intelligence), Shamen
- Movin’ On, Bananarama
- One Love, Dr. Alban
- Rhythm Is A Dancer, Snap!
- Sweat (A La La La La Long), Inner Circle
- Take A Chance On Me, Erasure
- You Bring On the Sun, Londonbeat